Entelligent® was the first to develop and has been granted a US patent giving it exclusivity when it comes to scenario analysis in climate-related risk assessment. This gives Entelligent and its licensees exclusivity regarding security selection and index construction using a scenario-based climate-related risk assessment – these elements can in turn be included in financial products that will stand out in this marketplace.
Our transparent data platform examines the impact of new laws and regulations, new technology and energy transitions, and physical risk factors such as sea level rise and temperature changes, to calculate energy costs and profitability and their granular impact on each company. Companies that are likely to maintain their return forecasts in most scenarios are given superior scores.
Why It’s Different
This unique technology is characterized by:
- Entelligent was the first to develop, and has been granted a US patent giving it and its licensees exclusivity regarding scenario analysis in climate-related risk assessment for security selection and financial products that build on that approach.
- Identifying firms in every sector with the greatest potential for environmental and valuation impact in the transition to a low carbon economy.
- A proprietary algorithm of over 140,000 differential equations and various data metrics.
- A top-down approach using a global climate model to assess security level climate risk exposures.
- Forward-looking scenarios for climate risk assessment as recommended by the TCFD and highlighted on the Bank of England’s most recent report on addressing climate change.
- Science-based methodology that allows for both passive and active portfolio management strategies.
- 15+ years of history for extensive backtesting capacity.
- Scores that are additive and can be easily integrated with most global ESG and financial selection metrices.
- A solution for Total Impact. E-Score® integration is designed to improve both the financial and environmental impact performance of a portfolio.